*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 16 May 2010

Plucky Duck.



















These ducklings were born near the boat a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the Mallard only has Eight little ducklings lift. They have either secomed to predation or died during the cold nights we have had lately. We have Pike here and they love a nice juicy duckling. Also there is a rouge Mallard, who has been seen attacking ducklings, so maybe she has had them.
I was sad to read this report online from the Evening Telegraph about a Mallard and her babies. http://www.northantset.co.uk/news/Plucky-ducks-survive-perils-of.6295028.jp It made me wonder if the cars had been going slower who the mother have survived and was she killed by a speeding motorist, because the ducklings survived and are now doing well. I am so glad we no longer have a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails