*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 18 May 2010

Varnishing, Painting and sunshine

Good afternoon.

It has been a sublime morning. The sun was out early, which meant that I got lots done on the boat. When I mean lots, I mean outside of the boat and not inside. It was way to nice to be stuck inside hoovering and cleaning. That can wait for a wet day. I was up like a lark, dressed and already to take Paddy for his morning stroll. I left Keith in bed, as he was not feeling quite to hot. It probably has something to do with him coming off of his painh killers. It will take a few days before he will feel normal again. I then sorted breakfast out for Keith and I and the usual morning cuppa, before I started rubbing down the galley doors for varnishing. I like to varnish them at least once a year, twice if the weather allows. With my right shoulder partly out of action. I find lifting it above my head a no, no. But rubbing down and varnishing is agreeable with my shoulder, so there is no point in sitting around doing nothing. That would just mean I am online all day, which is no good for anyone.
With the window doors done, it was time to move on to the boats Blue and Red paintwork, which needed touching up on the bow and on the engine room doors, where it gets a lot of punishment. Keeping on top of any shabby paintwork, means it will never get out of hand. After that was done and dusted. I turned my attention to our Ash Carrier, which was a present from Mo and Nessa on NB Balmaha. It is made out of Galvanised Steel and so could probably cope perfectly well without being painted. But I thought it would be nice to give it some added protection. Not only that Keith can then put the boats name on it, so it is personalized to us. It was then time for lunch. The rest of the afternoon is going to be spent doing very little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails