*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 2 May 2016

Cultural Day out.

After a day on the boat yesterday, we wanted to spend the day exploring again, so after a better nights sleep, Cavern Club before there were too many people around.

IMG_3189

The wall of fame is incredible.

IMG_3190

I had to have my photograph taken.

IMG_3193

Then we had a cooked breakfast at The Welkin, another Weatherspoon's. It was then the rain began to fall as drizzle at first, but then it got heavier, so we headed for Liverpool Cathedral.

IMG_3204

Stunning inside and only finished in 1978, having been started in 1904. It is beautiful.

When we came out from the Cathedral it was still raining so we headed for the World Museum via the Chinatown, where the magnificent Chinese arch is. It is a stunner.

IMG_3203

The World Museum, is well worth a visit. It has something for everyone and because the weather was wet when we went in, it was busy. The Museum is very much towards educating children. But we both enjoyed it.

IMG_3276

One of the rooms is dedicated to space and so we watched Tim Peake chatting to school children from Liverpool. He is an inspiration.

Having enjoyed the Museum we realised that the sky was blue and the sun was now out. Thankfully we had dried off in the Museum, so a bit of warming sunshine went down a treat. We walked back to the boat to have a spot of lunch and then realised the power was off, someone had pulled the plug on the shorelines and non of us had power.

After lunch, I went out to take photographs of Albert Dock and some of the boats moored in it.

IMG_3283

IMG_3290

It really is the most incredible place and so if you have never been here, then make sure you put it on your places to visit list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails