*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 24 May 2016

Leek to Holly Bush Inn, Denford.

IMG_5453

Last night we had a beautiful sunset at Leek and a really quiet night. So quiet I slept like a baby.

This morning we were sitting on mud and listing when we got up, the level has dropped by 2”, which made the return trip along the Leek branch interesting as we got stuck a couple of times and met a boat coming the other way who was also stuck.

IMG_5461

Took Paddy out for his walk and the horses opposite the boat were soaking up the sunshine.

13239121_10154231962239532_3756787341305478540_n

It was back through the tunnel.

IMG_5467

Stuuning morning with the beauty of the trees.

IMG_5487

We turned sharp right at Hazelhurst junction and down the 3 Hazelhurst locks.

SAM_4397 

Then under Hazelhurst Aqueduct which carries the Leek branch over the mainline of the Caldon canal.

IMG_5492

We moored outside The Holly Bush Inn at Denford, where we had a lovely lunch of plaice, chips and peas, washed down with pints of Marston’s Pedigree.

IMG_5497

13254052_10154232395599532_4395872897550026841_n

After lunch it was time to walk it off so we walked to Deep Hayes Country Park, which is just a long the towpath to the next bridge up onto the lane turn left and your in the park.

IMG_5526

There are lots of pathways to explore.

IMG_5554

Plenty of water falls with stepping stones across,

IMG_5556

Lkes, which did not have much in the way of life on them today, but it was still a really pleasant walk. Having done the walk, we then walked back to the road bridge where I spotted a sign saying Station House, so we found our way down on to the old railway and found the old station house and platform.

IMG_5561

Passenger traffic ended in 1966, and freight in 1988, but as you can see the railway line has been kept clear, so who knows what the plans may be .

Looking forward to catching-up with friends later on in the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails