*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 9 May 2016

Lydiate to Lathom.

After a fabulous weekend at Lydiate and a chance to catch up with our friends Debbie and Dan, it was time to move off on a beautiful sunny morning.

IMG_4400

I do so love the stone bridges.

IMG_4410

Mum and her babies.

IMG_4415

Now there’s an idea for raised beds.

IMG_4426

There are numerous swing bridges on this section of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal and today we passed through New Lane swing bridge No.31 which is the most northerly point that Hadar can get too. We were fortunate that a couple of nice gentlemen opened two of the bridges for us and a boater in front of us.

IMG_4431

Dumb Barge Viktoria.

IMG_4436

Time for a walk. Spotted at Burscough.

Untitled-1

Sleeping in the sunshine. How beautiful.

We had a short day today, as we are in no hurry to do the return journey. The wind had picked up and with us tailing another boat, we spent a bit of time in tickover, which is not great when it is windy. He eventually pulled over and we carried on.

IMG_4440

The plan was to moor up at the Ring o Bells and we were fortunate there was a space big enough for us. Lunch was cold Lasagna and salad and a half of Peaky Blinders, which Debbie and Dan gave us. Have to say I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails