*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 5 May 2016

Last day in Liverpool.

Today was to be our last full day in Liverpool and oh boy we have really enjoyed ourselves.

This morning was to be our visit the museums day, so having done the usual morning stuff, we locked the boat up and went to visit the Museum of Liverpool first. which is on the waterfront close to where we are moored.

IMG_3858

Beautiful building, and well laid out inside.

IMG_3860

Outside the museum there are four Lambanana. In 2008, as part of Liverpool's year-long position as European Capital of Culture, 125 individually designed miniature replicas were created and place around the city.

IMG_3886

The museum is a fantastic place to visit and tells the story of Liverpool. It is free to visit and we recommend it.

We went for another Chinese Buffet at City Buffet, and found they had some new items on offer by way of a change. If you want a nice meal, lunch is £7.50 and is superb.

SAM_4321

After lunch we then visited the Maritime Museum, which has some superb models of ships of different types and sizes.

SAM_4321

We both learnt a lot of things we did not know about the sinking of the Titanic. The museum is packed with information and once again a place to visit for free. You can also see the Slavery part of the museum which is informative and makes you think.

IMG_3899

The tug Brocklebank has now been joined by the steam tug Daniel Adamson for a special “Steam on the Dock” weekend here at the docks.

Liverpool has been buzzing today, with football fans from Villarreal and Liverpool, who play their match tonight. It was all really good humoured.

So our Liverpool holiday is almost at an end and I for one will be sad to say “Goodbye”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails