*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 13 May 2016

Dunham Massey to Ryan’s Bridge No.210 on the Trent & Mersey Canal, near Dutton.

Another sunny start to our day, which got underway at 8.30 am when we left Judith and John on NB Serena.

IMG_4658

It was going to be a busy old day, in fect it was the busiest day we have had so far for traffic.

IMG_4660

Lymm was lovely and sunny as we passed through.

IMG_4664

We caught up with Linda and George on NB Wandering Star, they had spent the night at Lymm.

IMG_4671

Preston Brook tunnel beckoned, we arrived there with 5 minutes to spare and followed Linda and George through.

IMG_4678

IMG_4688

IMG_4689

We had to wait to go through Dutton Stop Lock, as there was a boat coming through and then it was Linda and Georges turn, by the time they went through another boat was approaching and was hoping to catch the tunnel time of to the hour. I helped him through and he just about caught the time to go in. In the meantime I could not open the gate properly as something was caught behind it, so Keith crept into the lock and then we got the pole out to try and dislodge whatever was jamming the gate. We manage to move the offending item and I got on with working the lock.

IMG_4697

I love Dutton dry dock, it is so pretty. Probably dating from 1777 and owned by Tim Leech.

We were to follow Linda and George all the way to Bridge 212, where they moored up, we could not get in so carried on.

IMG_4666

Time for a dip.

IMG_4703

We are now moored near Ryan's Bridge No.210, not far from Acton swing bridge on the River Weaver. I feel a walk coming on over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails