*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 8 May 2016

Weekend in Lydiate.

We are moored as you know in Lydiate on bollards which is a treat, although we re no where near the bank.

IMG_4133

Yesterday (Saturday) we did very little. I got the paint out and began to do a spruce up by starting on the exhaust and the chimney’s as they are long overdue for some paint. During the afternoon our blogger friend Debbie and her partner Dan came and paid us a visit. Debbie owns NB Tickety Boo. We have followed each others blogs and are on Facebook together and so it was finally nice to meet up face to face. We laughed and chatted as though we had known each other for years, which I guess we have in a round about way.

The evening was spent watching Star Wars DVD’s and then it was off to bed at 9.30 pm because we were both tired.

This morning the sun was shining through the pigeon box announcing another beautiful day. We decided we would go off and explore Lydiate.

IMG_4207

The Scotch Piper Inn dates back to 1320. It is said to be the oldest Inn in Lancashire.

IMG_4211

First we visited St. Catherines Chapel, Lydiate Abbey. It is very picturesque and peaceful although only a stones throw from the road.

IMG_4214

This head sone got me intrigued. Mace Lovelady, what a beautiful name.

IMG_4216

IMG_4223

St. Thomas’s C of E church.

IMG_4227

We then walked to Lydiate Hall.

IMG_4245

Lydiae Hall Farm has Peacocks roaming free and they were very happy to give us a display.

IMG_4252

IMG_4288

Lydiate Hall is a ruin now, but still has a presence.

IMG_4292

The old fireplace.

It was such a stunning place in the 16th Century.

After a walk through the woods, we had a pot of tea in the tea room The Hay Loft. They also have a farm shop, where you can buy fresh fruit and vegetable. It is well worth a visit. We then walked the other way through the village, which has a Londis, a village cafe and off licence. So ideal for bits if your deaperate.

The afternoon was spent relaxing, I got on with more knitting of my dishcloths and then it was back into the Star Wars DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails