*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 19 May 2016

Hadar has come to visit the Caldon Canal.

IMG_5242[4]

Last nights sunset over Westport Lake was very impressive.

This morning we had a lovely start to the day. Paddy and I walked down to the lake and watched the ducks before heading back to the boat.

We set off at 8.20 am and were heading for the Caldon Canal.

IMG_5286

We stopped first at Middleport Pottery to have a look around their shop. They do a beautiful dark blue pattern, which I am sure Wetherspoons uses and I love it.

SAM_4358

We have never seen the front of the building, it is beautiful, but what is sad is the empty and boarded up houses opposite. So many needing homes and these are sitting empty.

SAM_4364

We made our way to Etruria and up the Bedford staircase locks.

This is Hadar’s first visit to the Caldon Canal, We last did the Caldon Canal on our old boat Misty Lady in 2005. So it is new water for our lady.

We were actually interested to see the changes and they were all to clear when we reached Planet Lock, because there is a new Medical Centre right beside the lock, this was not there in 2005.

SAM_4367

There has been a lot of building going on with lots of new houses and apartments going up.

SAM_4371

Art work beside the locks.

SAM_4377

We arrived in the rain at Stanley Moss and past the obstruction in the centre of the canal, it is like a mini roundabout. We moored up by Stoke Boat Club.

13238968_10154220600004532_1618536563731349645_n

The heavens opened and so we were glad to have stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails