*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 15 March 2020

BCN Clean Up.

Dear family, friends and followers.

We have had the most wonderful weekend with the gang for the BCN Clean Up. We moored at the Malthouse Stables and joined a lot of others for a weekend of grappling.
On Saturday our group (there were 2 groups) started in the morning on the top Ridgeacre lock on the Walsall canal, and grappled down to the bottom lock. My first captures was the trolley in the photograph above. It was actually rather nice with cast iron wheels. I had visions of cutting the wheels off and using them in our garden, but sadly it went for scrap. We got mostly trolleys from Asda.
The footbridge we are standing under with the trolleys was the worst place and is right next to Asda, we pulled out 39 trolleys there.
After lunch we did from a section between Tame Valley junction towards Walsall Town arm. We got a lot of tyre's out. Unfortunately the afternoon was cut short because of three groups of teenagers, who were riding motor biles up and down the towpath, being abusive and spitting. They were trying to be argumentative by pushing the rubbish back into the canal, so we were all pulled off site, so our day was cut short.
Today I did not go out with the group I stayed behind to help clean-up and make sandwiches, but those who did go out did a section of the Tame Valley canal starting from Tame Valley junction. Worn out now but very satisfied. Thank you to everyone who made it a brilliant weekend.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails