*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 23 March 2020

Day 17: Heading home.

Dear family, friends and followers.

This morning, we sat in bed this morning drinking our tea and listening to the news on the radio. There was an overwhelming need to go home, because we feared an impending lock down coming. Having discussed it, we decided that we would wind the boat and make for home.
When we came out on the 6th March, none of this was looking likely, but as we all know people have not been getting the message about social distancing or self isolating and this has been causing major problems all over the country. I had this feeling of foreboding this morning when I woke up which made me aware that we should go home. Only this morning I read a friends Facebook post on how they had issues at locks because of crowds of people standing watching, none of them social distancing and when she asked them to do so they got aggressive. I really wonder what the mentality is of people who would put their day out before their health and the health of their families?
On our long day today, we met a heavily pregnant woman, her three other children and partner walking the towpath with others passing them by closely. I felt like screaming. it makes me so angry and sad that people fail to listen and this will end in a lock down.
I know some may say we are panicking. Well the way I felt this morning, I was panicking because I can see what is coming. It is a shame that we must head home, but we will be able to sit on our mooring, connected to the electric and we will have plenty to do once we have done our self isolation.
Please, please stay safe out there and stay well.
Judith sorry we could not stop for a chat, we wanted to get as far as we could. You both stay safe and well xxx

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails