*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 21 March 2020

Day 15: Day of rest.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Being the weekend, we are staying put in the middle of nowhere, with just the birds and other animals to keep us company. Actually that is not strictly true. There is a house just along the cut a bit, but it is so very quiet here. We have had four boats go past and one cyclist today. This is self isolating with a view.
Last night as I lay in bed, I realized there was not a sound outside. There was no cars, no planes, no bird song, absolutely nothing. The stars were shining brightly though.
This morning, I woke to the sound of a Woodpecker knocking seven bells out of a tree not to far from us. There was also the sound of the birds singing in a new day.
Before breakfast, I took myself off for a walk down the locks.
The government say we need to exercise, so that is what I am doing. I saw no one at all on my saunter, which is absolutely how I like it first thing in the morning. It was just me, the water, view and my thoughts. Of course this is a scary time we are living in at the moment, but we must carry on the best we can, following the advice given.
The sheep were still snoozing as I walked past.
As I walked down beside the locks, I could not help but wonder over the years how many feet had trodden on these bricks and possibly how many horses had pulled boats into and out of this lock. If the bricks could talk.
After a lovely walk and some jobs done, it was soon creeping towards lunchtime and what will we have for lunch. Today's concoction was Pasta (yes we have pasta). I added peas, onion, mushrooms and a stock and allowed it to simmer for 15 minutes. Job done it was very nice. I am quite happy to make things up as I go along. Tomorrow lunch will be a Vegetable Lasagna, using up the left over vegetables we have on board.
The afternoon has been spent crocheting another blanket for the Collies and reading a new book. We have had a nice quiet day and tomorrow will probably be the same.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails