*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 17 March 2020

Day 12: Hawne Basin to Wolverhampton.

Dear family, friends and followers.

We cruised 14 miles, worked 3 locks, 4 tunnels, in a time of 5hrs 10mins.

We had a lovely evening in Hawne Basi, I even got to have a lovely bath. This morning we said "Goodbye" to Hawne basin and headed back to Tipton, because we wanted a few items of shopping.
We decided that we would not walk up to Aldi, because no doubt it would have been stripped of the things we required. We decided to use the small Londis store just across the road from Neptune Wharf. Ok they did not have a huge selection of things, but we did not require much.
We did pick up a couple of Fray Bentos pies, which all boaters consider a staple part of a boaters diet. The other items were some tinned foods and a small bottle of milk. There was absolutely no panic buying by us. The shop was well stocked and maybe it is time for everyone to support the smaller shops now that the supermarkets are being invaded by panic buyers.
Having stowed the shopping away, we left Tipton, winded and headed for Wolverhampton. We headed through Coseley Tunnel, where we discovered a large fridge or freezer floating towards us. 
I have reported it, because if it sinks in the tunnel, it could be a problem for boaters. 
We only saw one other boat on the move and that was Narrowboat Sanguine. Unfortunately we met Jan and Tony on a bend after they came out of bridge 'ole and we ended up taking some of their water as we tried to get round a shallow bend. It is always difficult when the canal is shallow and we need deep water, especially on a bend. Hopefully we will see them again somewhere and I will make them a cuppa to make up for taking their water. 
With so few boats moving, I am wondering if it is because the season is no in full swing, or because people have decided to stay put because of the virus. I can understand if they have underlying health issues, that they stay put and we have friends who are actually doing this, they are putting themselves into self-isolation. We have contacted CRT and they have said that the waterways are open, so we will carry on cruising until we either have to go into isolation or are told otherwise by CRT. Boating is actually an excellent way to self-isolate, because we will be able to moor in the middle of no where and sit it out. We have supplies on board and as long as we can get water and empty the loo we will be absolutely fine. 
We will stop in Wolverhampton tonight and hopefully head off down the Wolverhampton 21 tomorrow.

Pop back soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails