*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Day 12: Wolverhampton to Brewood.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Travelled 6 miles, worked 22 locks in 5 hours 45 minutes.

There is a distinct lack of photographs today, because it has been wet the whole journey and therefore the camera has stayed indoors.I am using Keith's photographs, because my camera would of got soaked.

We left Wolverhampton at 8.15 am after a peaceful night. I was in bed by 9.30 pm absolutely shattered and did not wake until 6.45 am, by the sound of sirens going off and the roar of traffic going about its business. The mizzle was already falling and it had been forecast for light to heavy rain, so we knew what we were in for. After a cuppa and breakfast we set about descending the Wolverhampton 21 locks.
All of them were against us and so I had to fill them before we could enter the locks. Thankfully the paddles are easy to wind, making my job a little easier. I walked between all of the locks, whilst Keith moved the boat. At lock 16 there was an issue with the bottom, offside gate paddle. It would not wind down properly, so when you fill the lock it is constantly draining slowly. It does not stop you using the lock, but I have reported it to CRT, so they can get someone out to look at it.

We arrived at the bottom of the flight at 12.35 pm. I think this has to have been the slowest we have ever done the flight, but what with the weather and the locks against us, the time got away from us. We turned right at Aldersley Junction and headed to Autherley Junction, where there was a boat coming into Autherley stop lock, so we waited for him to exit.
Having negotiated the junction and the stop lock, we were on our way on the Shroppie Canal. We only saw two boats today. The one at the junction and one in front of us on the Shroppie. Having done another hours cruising from the junction we decided to stop near Brewood. I was personally wet and getting cold. Keith has the benefit of the back cabin stove by his legs when we are on the move. We are now both drying out in front of the fire, with all our wet gear hanging up in the back cabin.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails