*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 26 March 2020

Day 20: We are home.

Dear family, friends and followers.

Travelled 2.9 miles. Worked 21 locks in a time of 4 hours 10 minutes.

It was a very frosty start for us this morning.
The sunrise was glorious and it bode well for a sunny jaunt home to our mooring.
We arrived at the top of Hatton locks at 8 am.
Fellow boater Harry New off of narrowboat Warwick, who was moored right by the top lock, very kindly went and set the first half of the flight for us. Hopefully one day we can repay his kindness.
Harry left us having set the first half of the locks and we then had the rest of them against us. The towpath although quieter, we still saw cyclists, walkers and runners, who were not doing social distancing and so I had to second guess them at each lock in order to keep out of there way. One woman who was pregnant, even began coming towards me to ask a question. She was getting way to close when I ask her to stop and think about her social distancing. Her reply was "what do you mean". I had to ask her again to keep her distance, because we were social distancing. She was less than impressed, but I am sorry she should have been at home being pregnant and not walking the towpath.
We finally made it home to the safety of our mooring. Having done overall 73.3 miles and worked 71 locks in just three and a half days. We would like to thank CRT, because they helped with some of the locks and a huge thank you to Harry for helping us this morning.
It is now time to self isolate and relax.

Pop back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails