*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 11 July 2010

Baking Sunday and not just the heat.

Hello fellow bloggers or blog readers.


When I went to bed last night, I had no sooner put my head on my pillow, when I heard from not to far away 'I will survive' by Gloria Gaynor. There must have been a party going on somewhere near. I did see a Circus tent up in the park, so maybe it was coming from there. Then hubby joined me and I heard 'Good Vibrations' by The Beach Boys. I was beginning to wonder if they knew something I did'nt ha ha ha. As it turned out there were no vibrations of any sort, as we were way to hot and tired, but I did survive.

We had a lay in and I did not get up till gone 8.30am. If it had not been for the mutt needing his walk, I could have easily of lay in bed for another hour. But as I am not an owner who just opens the doors and allows him to walk himself, I had to get up and take him for his morning stroll, on what was a very breezy morning. It actually felt like there was rain in the air, with the dark clouds looming overhead, but it did not materialize into anything and soon the sun was shining once more. They say the sun always shines on the good, so this must mean I am very, very, very good......... Not.

After breakfast, I was in a baking mood, so thought before it got to warm, I would bake us a Victoria Sandwich, so got out all of the ingredients and put two sponge tins in the oven for 15 minutes and hey presto a Cake was born.

Now I did not learn that much at school, but I did learn how to make great cakes, even though I say so myself. After the cake was caked and was cooling ready for its Jam and Butter Icing filling, I put a quiche in the oven to cook for tonights dinner. That way we could have it cold with potatoes. There would be no need to have the cooker on then later, making the boat hot inside. With all that done, I spent the next couple of hours chatting to Mac and Pam. Boater's always find things to chat about, there is never a dull moment for us. I made us all a cuppa, because nattering is a thirsty business and it was my turn to brew up. Some of the stories that Pam and Mac tell are hilarious, I could spend all day nattering, but it was then lunchtime and the F1 GP was about to start, so we went our seperate ways for a couple of hours. The race was a fantastic race from Silverstone and congratulations to Mark Webber for winning. It was nice we had Brits in 2nd and 4th. Lewis Hamilton came in 2nd and Jenson Button was 4th, having come through the field from 14th on the grid. Race over and it was back to some more nattering with Pam and Mac. I had asked Pam about making me some porthole lace for 5 portholes and low and behold she had already made me 2 bless her. So I paid her for the 2 and she is gonna make me 3 more and put them in the post to me for October, when we are back on the coal run. I am not in any hurry, these new ones will be spares.

All in all we have had an excellent day. I am so glad we did not move off this morning. I have really enjoyed Pam and Mac's company. We are all heading off tomorrow, we are heading to Fenny Stratford and they are heading back to Cosgrove. But no doubt we will see them again very soon. This evening will be spent in front of the TV watching the World Cup Final between Spain and Holland. I am backing Spain. I just hope that is not the kiss of death on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails