*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 26 February 2010

The Height of Rudeness

Good morning.

Wow it is raining and blowing a hooley outside today. Infact it has been doing so for most of the night. It is on mornings like this Paddy hates going for a walk. This morning was no exception. He walked as quick as possible to find a place to do what he had to do, then legged it quick smart back to the boat. I cannot say I blame him, but that is life on a boat, you do have to put up with allsorts of weather. Because it gets thrown at you all day everyday and when on the move it can be even worse. Even when we are moving on very wet days, it never bothers either of us. So dog walked and fed along with the cat, so they were happy. Having had breakfast and a warming cuppa. I donned my raincoat and rucksack and headed off down town, with my earplugs in my ears, listening to my MP3 player. I find listening to music as I walk, makes the jaunt fo much quicker. First port of call was the Gp's to collect hubby's prescription for his pain killers. I then headed for Boots, where I had to wait for the tablets to be dispensed, which was not a problem. I have all the time in the world. There was a queue after me and they all waited patiently to be served, when a young woman barged in front of the queue and demanded to know where her tablets were. She told the pharmacist that he had promised her they would be ready 15 minutes and she wanted them because she had a coffee going cold at Costa Coffee next door. Now I know that in retail the customer is always right, but I wish he had told her to get to the back of the queue and wait. Instead he told her they would be another 5 minutes. She shouted at him that she had a coffee waiting and she wanted them now, so he obliged and went and did her tablets, which meant that everyone else had to wait longer, including me. I am not one for causing a scene, but now I so wish I had pulled her up about her behaviour, because she was so very rude. Not just to the pharmacist, but to everyone waiting patiently. having got my husbands tablets I walked past Costa Coffee to see if she was actually having her coffee and yep there she was sat in the window with a friend, both drinking coffees. I hade rudeness, I feel there is no need for it. I did a food shop whilst in the town and then trudged back to the boat, looking like a pack horse, being blown about by the wind. I looked glorious when I glanced in the mirror with my hair plastered to my head by the rain and wind. Lunch consisted of toaster teacakes with Butter and Marmite on them mmmmm yummy. I have relit the back stove as it is rather chilly with this cold wind blowing. The rest of my day is going to be much more relaxing. I am going to sit and watch the Winter Olympics and we will then see what the evening has to offer.

Survey of the Day: 8 in 10 men and almost 7 in 10 women will be what by 2020??
The answer was Over Weight.
I think this is so shocking. This will come back to haunt us and cripple the NHS you just know it will. My solution would be to close down all fast food places, such as KFC, McDonalds, etc, etc, this would certainly help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails