*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Friday 17 September 2010

Coffee and cake.

Hi Folks.

It was another very chilly beginning to the day, so yep you guessed it, I have lit the back cabin stove again. The one saving grace is that the wind has finally dropped.
This morning Paddy and I walked across the field. Ok I walked he went off like a steam train until he saw a digger going to work in the field. What is odd, is this digger has been digging up trenches all over this field and I have no idea why. I am wondering if it has something to do with the plans which have been spoken about for a new housing estate and marina. But when we spoke to the firm involved they told us it would not happen for many years. Maybe something happened sooner than they thought. Anyway the sight of this digger put Paddy off of running across the field. He did an about turn and legged it back to the boat.
After breakfast and a cuppa, Keith and I strolled into town to get a few bits and bobs. Keith wanted some electrical wire and a back box for a switch. We also bought some radiator paint, some drawing pins and air freshers. We called into the indoor market and had a coffee. 80p for a mug of coffee, is much more favourable than £2.50 at Costa Coffee. The Tea Cakes looked so inviting, we treated ourselves (last of the big spenders). The walk back to the boat always seems to take longer, because you have to walk up hill for most of it. It certainly gives you a workout.
We took the decision to move closer to Market Harborough for the weekend, with a view to mooring up on the 48 hour moorings. So having prepared the boat for the off, we managed to get ourselves off of the mud and did the 25 minute cruise. We are moored on the wharf before the narrows before the last bend into Union Wharf. We do not know the name of the wharf, so will have to find out if it has one. It is beside the footpath that gives access to Logan Crescent. Before knocking in our mooring pins, I walked up to the basin to see if there were any moorings out on the towpath. There was only one mooring on the 48 hr moorings and as the water level is down, we know we cannot get in there. So we decided to stay put.It was time for cake and coffee. Before settling down to get some e-mails and internet browsing done. I am on the look out for some small wooden storage draws. We want to put them under our printer, as there is space being wasted and that is never a good idea on a boat. But so far, I have not found what I am looking for. I want something like what is in this photograph, but getting it seems to be difficult. I am sure I will eventually find something similar. Storage on a boat is extremely important, especially when you have very little room like us.
Before I sign off, I want to say congratulations to Jamie and Jools on the birth of their son Buddy Bear Maurice Oliver. Jamie and Jules already have three daughters - Poppy Honey, eight, Daisy Boo, seven, and Petal Blossom, 17 months. I am sure Jamie was very excited on the birth of his first son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails