*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****

Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.

I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****

Thursday 30 September 2010

Trains, Boats and Christmas Cards.

Hi Friends.

It has been a manic day in many ways. Keith had his check-up at Kettering Hospital with his Urologist, so we knew it was going to be a busy old day. Our day began early as I set the alarm for 6.30am on the clock and as a back-up I set my mobile phone alarm as well, just in case the clock alarm did not go off, or the battery ran out, which would have been my luck. At 6.30am sharp my phone woke me to the tune of "Hey Sexy Lady". and then the alarm clock followed, as it was we were already awake.
Up and about and all jobs done, including walking the hound, we downed our breakfast and a cuppa and then walked round to David and Viv's boat. David very kindly dropped us off at Market Harborough's Railway Station. We bought our tickets, which would get us to and back from Kettering. Having been stood on the platform for 15 minutes the 8.42am train arrived on time and we climbed onboard the train like everyone else. It felt a little bit like being herded into a cattle truck. Some 10 to 15 minutes later we were at Kettering Station. We then had a 20 minute walk to Kettering Hospital. The hardest part of the walk is the up hill bit to the hospital, it certainly gets the heart pumping. You would not want your blood pressure or heart rate taken as soon as you got to the hospital after that climb. We arrived half an hour early, but booked in anyway. We had only been sat down for around 10 minutes when we got called into the Consulting room. Thankfully the news was excellent. Having had his operation in May, the test results came back clear and Keith was signed off by the Consultant, who was very pleased with his progress. Keith still has xanthogranulomatous prostatitis, but it is under control at the moment and not causing him any pain thank goodness. We have been told that it could flare up at anytime, but at least we now know what we are dealing with. With that news that we no longer need to go to the hosptial, we celebrated with a meal at our favourite Chinese Buffet Restuarant Lee Garden. We then did some retail therapy, which I am sad to say included buying Christmas Cards and some lights for our small tree.I did try to resist from buying Christmas things so early, but they were a bargain and I am always happy to bag a bargain. Arghhhhh Christmas is coming folks. All the shops we went into today have their Christmas stock either on the shelves or being put out. After a lovely few hours in Kettering, we caught the train back to Market Harborough and the boat. We checked to see if we had any mail, as my dear friend Tina had posted our mail to us. We also received a new battery to replace the faulty one which was under a year old. Before we settled down to a bit of peace and quiet, we connected the new battery up, under the floor of the back cabin. This ment taking the Rag Rugs and the floor up, but the job was soon done. It was then definitely time for a coffee. It has been a great day all in all and I am now looking forward to a good nights sleep. I hope that you have had a wonderful day??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.


Related Posts with Thumbnails